My STEM Challenge Booklet – Problem Solving Graphic Organizer
This graphic organizer template allows students to use the Engineering Design Process Steps to design, build, and test solutions to any problem.
The template guides students through the following steps so that they can successfully design a solution to a problem they want to solve.
1. Ask – Define the problem
2. Imagine – Brainstorm ideas
3. Plan – Select a solution and sketch a prototype
4. Create – Build a working model
5. Test – Evaluate and test your model
6. Improve – What did you learn from your prototype? Make improvements.
7. Share – Share your solution with others
I have used this with my students and it really helps to focus students on the process of problem solving and keeps them from getting distracted.
***Are You a Primary Grade Teacher?***
Check out My STEM Challenge Booklet that I designed specifically for Grades 3 thru 6 that can be used for any STEM Challenge or problem solving activity!